GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
- The first author will be the Presenting Author and expected to register and pay the full registration fee and attend the symposium.
- Only 1 poster and 1 oral submission can be submitted per registration.
- Successful submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with a reference number/ receipt (COSCABXXX). If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 3 days after submission, please contact the Conference Secretariat by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please provide an accurate email address for the Presenting Author. All correspondence on abstract will be through email stated.
- Submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the Scientific Committee. The scientific committee has the right to change the selected category of abstract accordingly. The review process is confidential and the decision is final.
Abstract submission is open online until Wednesday, 14th July 2021
Kindly email your abstract to email@example.com.
Notification of the abstract selection results the latest by Monday, 19th July 2021 through email.
Instructions for preparation of abstracts
- Abstracts either for Free Papers or e-Posters categories should be stated during submission. Candidates are also requested to write the appropriate subspecialty (eg: glaucoma, medical retina, vitreo-retinal etc.) on what their abstract described.
- Abstract must be written in English using font size 12-point Arial.
- The ABSTRACT TITLE must be appropriate and concise. Avoid using abbreviations in the title.
- MAIN AUTHOR and CO-AUTHORS names must be written correctly.
- Abstract content (excluding title, authors, highest degrees and institutions) should include the following headings: OBJECTIVE, METHODS, RESULTS and CONCLUSIONS. The abstract must not exceed 250 words.
- Do not include graphs, tables, images or references in the abstract.
- Define each abbreviation the first time it is used in the abstract by placing what it stands for in parentheses.
- For enquiries, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GUIDELINES FOR POSTER PRESENTERS
PREPARATION OF THE POSTER
Due to the virtual nature of the conference, we are only accepting Electronic Poster (e-Poster) in PDF-format.
Printed poster or photographs of printed poster will NOT be accepted.
Poster Submission Deadline: 16 August 2021
The poster should be a clear visual presentation of your submitted abstract and should meet the following criteria:
Title of the poster
It is recommended to keep the title of the poster same as in the submitted abstract. Slight modification which does not change the idea of the abstract is also allowed.
Poster size and format
A A4 poster size formatted vertically (Portrait) using PowerPoint (PPT) is preferred for the COSC conference.
Poster has to be saved in high resolution setting of 10MB file size and submitted in a one – page PDF format.
The top of the Poster should display, in the lettering of 18 Bold Arial fonts, the following information: Title of your Paper, Name(s) of the Author(s) and Affiliation(s).
Please put your (COSCABXXX) on the top right corner of the poster.
Kindly use both upper and lower cases letters for general content, as all-capital text is difficult to read. It is recommended to use 14 Arial fonts, for the content of the poster.
Make sure there is enough contrast between the colour of the text and the poster’s background.
Text and presentation should be in ENGLISH only.
Content of the Poster
Make sure that the specific sections (such as the background, methods, results, and conclusions) are easy to locate in the poster.
Try to keep the text easy to read and concise. The poster should have a clear message, a logical layout and be easy to comprehend.
Avoid the use of full sentences and rather use short text in bullet point format.
Avoid using watermarks that may detract from the readability of your poster.
Illustrations are the most important part of the poster and will attract the most attention. Colourful charts and graphs are the easiest to read. Explanatory illustrations should be used instead of text whenever possible.
Use only static images and do not embed any videos or animation in your poster.
Try to utilize the space on your poster as creatively as you can to attract the audience and make sure that the images are easy to understand.
HOW TO SUBMIT THE POSTER
- Kindly email your poster in PDF format to email@example.com.
- You will be acknowledged through your email once you have successfully submitted your poster.
GUIDELINES FOR ORAL FREE PAPER PRESENTERS
- Presenters are required to prepare 8 minutes pre-recorded video using Power Point Presentation (PPT) and there will be 2 minutes discussion with the judges/moderators after each presentation.
- Presenters are also required to save a video presentation in mp4 format and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The presentation should include:
- Title and authors’ information
- Objectives and method
- The Presenting Author must be a registered participant.
- Use a plain background without patterns or dark colours.
- Use clear headings and leave spaces between sections.
- Pictures and graphics should be clearly labeled and described.
- Pictures and graphics should be of good quality.
- Text should not be obscured by images.
- Do not fit too much information on one slide.
- Top 5 oral presentations will be selected and the Presenting Author will be contacted via email.
- The competition will be assessed by the invited judges. The assessment will be held using WEBEX platform on 4th of September 2021, Saturday at 9am.
- Link will be shared in the website page a few days before the competition date. All participants of COSC are welcomed to join the session.
- Presenting authors should get ready online,15 minutes before starting of the session.
- Winner will be announced on the second day of the COSC conference.